Food Geek Friday: Honey Mustard and Nut Crusted Chicken
A couple of weeks ago, I shared that I'm not the greatest with cooking chicken. Personally, I think it's because I'm not the biggest chicken fan. I don't dislike it...but it's not my first choice either. Then I made this recipe.
It doesn't make chicken a go-to, but this recipe is. I've definitely had a lot more chicken in the past couple of weeks due to this recipe. It's been perfect every. single. time. It also does nicely as leftovers.
If you make it this weekend, let me know what you think.
Honey Mustard and Nut Crusted Chicken
- Favorite nuts
- Dijon mustard
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cooking oil of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray glass baking dish with oil of choice.
- Pulse nuts in food processor until coarsely ground. Put in bowl.
- Mix dijon mustard and honey to taste. Place in second bowl.
- Pat chicken breasts dry. Dip in mustard mixture until covered. Dip in ground nuts until covered. Place in baking dish. Repeat process with each piece of chicken. Tip: It's easiest if you keep a "wet" hand for dipping and a "dry" hand to sprinkle nuts on missed spots.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with favorite vegetables.