Food Geek Friday: Red Wine Sauteed Mushrooms
Or mushroom sauce, whichever you prefer. Sauteed mushrooms with sauce is something I've been working on for a really long time. I've used recipes (and yes, actually followed them to the letter!) and it would work once or twice, but it wouldn't be consistent. I've tried making things up on my own to only OK results.
Then the other evening, I totally happened upon the winning combination by accident.This turned out so much better than I'd anticipated. I'm talking slap-your-momma good.
As long as it's not my momma...she won't appreciate it and will most likely slap you back.
This is awesome over steak or on it's own as a side.
Red Wine Sauteed mushrooms
- 1 container mushroom medley
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- olive oil to drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add in garlic and sautee until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and toss with salt and pepper. Cook until just done - about 8 minutes.
- Add wine and continue to cook for about 4 minutes
- Turn heat to low and add in cream cheese. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat, plate up and enjoy!
What is your favorite mushroom recipe?