Save Our Symphony Fort Worth
In September 2016, the musicians of the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra went on strike. Save Our Symphony Fort Worth (SOSFW) recruited me as a board member to help them form a 501c3 with the mission of supporting a professional orchestral company in Fort Worth. In addition to being a founding board member, I also did the following:
- Was named Marketing Director, creating their marketing strategy as well as writing and executing the marketing plan.
- Collaborated with Small Hat Studio to create logo and brand image.
- Created social media strategy and managed channels. Tripled Facebook likes within one month of taking over the account, and regularly achieved an organic reach of up to and well over 100%.
- Trained as a media spokesperson and helped craft the media message for the organization.
- Designed graphics for social media and concerts.
The job: to start a new non-profit to build community support for the musicians of the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra.
The strategy: to create a vibrant and professional web and social media presence for SOSFW, to engage and build community support of the orchestra, and to build connection between the community and the orchestra musicians. Also to: spread facts about the strike, correct misinformation, advertise concerts and bring in audience for the concerts.
Following is some of the work done for the organization: