To have an audience, you must first reach with them, then draw them in and connect with them, then compel them to buy tickets to come see your show.
That's where marketing comes in.
Marketing is more than merely deciding where to place an ad.
It encompasses everything that connects you to your audience - from the strategy and overall plan, to branding and website, to social media, advertising, and press.
It also includes measurement. How do you know your efforts are working if you don't measure? Then you can focus on what works, leave behind what doesn't, and play around with new things!
My background gives me just the right mix to be fabulously suited to teach you how to market yourself.
- Performing Arts. Act, sing, dance, play instruments - I've done it all and have performed with all levels from teeny community theaters to large professional companies. I've also worked in the front of the house, back of the house, and have sat on or worked with a Board of Directors.
- Marketing Know-How. I have a degree in Advertising and Public Relations, and have marketed my own businesses since 2008. In that time, I've stayed on top of trends, taught myself new things as the technology becomes available, and have never been afraid to switch gears when necessary.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit. I started my first business when I lost my job during the economic crash of 2008 and have always done my own stunts. Though I didn't know everything necessary, I learned and understand first hand the grit and determination it takes to keep a project going. I'm also very adept atbout working with budgets of all sizes, and can make things happen no matter what obstacles are thrown at you.
For as we all know, the show must go on.
Most importantly, I want to see you do well. I want to see your organization survive and thrive.
Too many outstanding companies struggle with marketing. Let's change that together.
I enjoy and work in all areas of marketing. My work style is low-pressure and very collaborative. We'll look at what's happening, determine what works vs. what isn't, and then decide the best next steps based on our discoveries together. I'll give you plenty of ideas and advice, and final decisions are always your own.
My favorite areas to work with (in no particular order) are:
Strategy, planning, and measurement.
Creative campaigns and solutions.
Content marketing including blogging and social media.
Creating streamlined systems to make marketing plan flow.
Make It Happen Marketing Packages.
After all, the marketing show must go on.
In these packages I offer 4 different lengths of one-on-one time to make it easy to choose the best option for you. Whether you need a little finesse, a troubleshooting overhaul, or a full plan from the ground up, you're covered.
One-on-One time is conducted in person or via phone or skype. All packages include:
Follow up materials based on what we discuss to help guide and direct.
- 1 month of email access immediately following our time together to support the implementation of what we started working on in the meeting. This includes weekly check-ins by email to track your progress, hold you accountable, and answer any questions that arise.
- An additional 30-minute coaching call at the end of the implementation month to discuss how progress is going.
- Special rate if you continue working with me after the time of your package is complete.
Need more time or have something specific in mind? Let's talk!
The traditional ways of marketing aren't having the same impact that they once did.
Many newspapers and media outlets are cutting their arts coverage significantly. Some newspapers have even gone so far as to let go of all arts journalists and are no longer doing reviews or arts news of any kind.
The time is now to forge a new direction, take control of your message, and reach your audience directly through new mediums. Let me help you do that with clarity, creativity, and compelling storytelling.
Schedule your free chat or contact me today!
Schedule an appointment:
Request more information:
is hiring outside help not in the budget?
Or maybe you're just not sure if you're ready to take that leap of faith yet?
No problem! I'm thinking about you too. I'll be adding step-by-step tutorial books, workshops, and even a membership site soon. Sign up to receive notifications when these become available. As a bonus thank you, you'll also receive a list of my 5 fave marketing tools for free!